“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle” - Often attributed to Plato but likely from Ian McLaren (pseudonym of Reverend John Watson)

Saturday, October 17, 2009

And I thought my disdain for Bill Maher couldn't get any deeper

My comments about Maher tend to be so vituperative that they don't pass moderation even on blogs whose viewpoints I generally support and when Maher is espousing an opinion with which I agree (admittedly rare), e.g., my first comment at ClimateSight.

But here we find him telling pregnant women not to get the H1N1 ("swine flu") vaccine. And he not only repeats lame pseudoscientific claptrap ("Western Medicine misses a lot") but makes inane factual misstatements (i.e., "lies"). For example, he states that the injected vaccine is a live virus. It is not. If one pregnant woman sees his screed and consequently avoids the vaccine, contracts the disease, and dies, as far as I'm concerned it is depraved indifference tantamount to negligent homicide.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Don't let facts and data get in the way of firmly held beliefs."

King of the Road said...

Especially if you're in the business of self-aggrandizement.